Here’s a summary list of great tools we use a lot when we create PowerPoint slides. Use these and they will definitely raise your PowerPoint game!
A pro tip is to put them up in the Quick Access Toolbar for easy access. (See the separate guide on how to do this)
- The “Align” and “Distribute” buttons: These buttons allow you to quickly align and distribute objects within your slides.
- The “Group” and “Ungroup” buttons: These buttons allow you to group multiple objects together or separate them.
- The ”View Guides” toggle: Display guides (and/or custom grids) so you can align objects in a smooth way!
- The “Format Painter” button: This button allows you to quickly copy formatting from one object to another. If you double-click the tool, that enables you to apply formatting to several consecutive objects!
- The “Slide Layout” button: This button allows you to quickly change the layout of your slides.
- The ”Merge shapes” button: This button allows you to combine/subtract shapes into any shape you could imagine.
- The “Cut,” “Copy,” and “Paste” buttons: These buttons allow you to quickly move and duplicate content within your slides.
- The “Transitions” button: This button allows you to add transitions between slides.
Please note that the tools and buttons available on the PowerPoint toolbar may vary depending on the version of PowerPoint you are using.
Now go back to the guide on how to put the tools you use most often up into the Quick Access Toolbar – that will save you a lot of time (start with the Align & Distribute buttons – that is an easy choice).